This candidate will can help us build our Data Warehouse & BI practice, by implementing best practice design, architecture, and development methodologies.
The candidate will lead design, including data design, database architecture, metadata, ETL design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of data warehouse initiatives. Develop ETL templates, standards, processes & procedures for loading information into data warehousing systems and for ensuring reliability of information loaded. Seek continuous improvement in performance & tuning of data warehouse and ensure security of data. Lead Data Warehouse & BI software & tools evaluations and implement solutions. Recognized as advanced individual contributor. Subject matter expert with additional experience and/or education in field. Conducts highly complex work critical to the organization. Works with other IT technical teams and Business users to understand requirements and recommend & implement solutions. Works without supervision with extensive latitude for independent judgment. Assist less experienced peers and provide technical guidance. Typically requires 10 years experience or equivalent education.
Ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
• Strong skills in data warehousing process design, ETL development, performance & tuning using the Informatica tool suite
• Excellent skills in the architecture of data warehouse and data integration strategies and solutions
• Demonstrated skills in establishing data warehouse best practice standards
• Excellent knowledge and programming in relational data base technologies; e.g. Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
• Strong skills working with relational and dimensional data models
• Strong skills working with slowly changing dimensions
• Strong data management and data analysis using SQL
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of meetings with customers and technical staff
• Knowledge and skills in the project development life cycle process (i.e., planning, analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, support)
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in requirements gathering
• Effective interpersonal relations skills, ability to effectively collaborate with others and work as part of a team
• Skills in navigating a large organization in order to accomplish results
• Ability to initiate and follow through on complex projects of both short and long term duration
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Works independently, assumes responsibility for job development and training, researches and resolves questions and problems, requests supervisor input and keeps supervisor informed
• Proficiency with MS Office suite, MS Visio, and MS Outlook
• Ability to complete projects of substantial depth and complexity, and work with customers at many levels in the organization