The candidate will be a strong technical leader working on BI Reporting projects as a senior level Business Objects developer/administrator. The candidate will be responsible for:
1) Gathering & documenting requirements, preparing report specifications, designing solutions, developing universes and reports using Business Objects and Xcelcius, testing, implementing solutions, metadata, and production support. Understand user requirements, and implement solutions that ensure requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables. Seek continuous improvement in performance & tuning and ensure security of data. Perform analysis and testing of reports. Proven methodology experience for complex projects, and demonstrated ability to achieve deliverables on time and on budget. Works with other IT technical teams and Business users to understand requirements, and recommend & implement solutions. Works with moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment performing a variety of complex tasks.
2) Perform Business Objects administrative tasks, migrating report code from development to production environment, assigning security, and making configuration updates. Perform software upgrades and apply service packs.
3) Provide production support and ensure that SLAs are met for all incidents received by the unit.
Knowledge and experience using Tableau is an plus.
The selected contractor is required to show proof of experience in designing and implementing Business Objects universes and reports, and have knowledge and experience leading project teams.
The successful candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to interact with all levels of the organization. The candidate will develop and deliver presentations to Executive Management and deliver Business Object report development training.
Requires advanced skills and experience, typically 9 – 11 years, in the following:
1. Data warehouse/data marts using Kimball & Inmon methodologies
2. SAP Business Objects V4.1 universe and report design/development
3. SAP Business Objects V4.1 Administration
4. Xcelcius Dashboard design and development
5. Crystal reports
7. RDBMS such as Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server
8. Complex SQL development
9. Dimensional Data Modeling – Star Schemas
10. Slowly Changing Dimensions
11. Requirements gathering
12. Project development life cycle process
13. Excellent written and oral communications
14. Independent worker