Responsibilities include working directly with state program administrators, IT and subject matter experts to define project scope; collect and document detailed requirements; create and maintain plans and project artifacts; motivate team members and sponsors to accomplish goals and timelines; and communicate and distribute information to project members and executives.
The individual in this position will:
• Direct the project through the life cycle, defining project objectives, aligning project resources to achieve goals and ensuring established timelines are met.
• Drive the initial review to identify and gather documents for business and functional requirements.
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of business operations and understand the technical scope and objectives of the project.
• Provide leadership in analyzing functional requirements, procedures and problems.
• Coordinate with Business Partners, Technical Analysts and Developers to identify and define specifications, indicate areas of system impact and continuously communicate project status and needs.
• Develop, analyze and manage project schedules and appropriate project management documentation.
• Develop and implement a communication plan to keep program managers and other stakeholders informed of project status, key future dates/milestones, new and outstanding issues, identified risks, decisions needed, and project spending.
• Negotiate project plans and time frames and manage change control processes.
• Coordinate user acceptance testing for project team members.
• Plan, allocate and schedule resources as required.
• Foster a strong team environment.