Consultant Titles: “Project Manager/Business Analyst”
In the midst of a major project that requires resources to support the implementation. This initiative requires a candidate to operate independently within specified guidelines, be able to learn and understand business unit objectives and provide guidance to business unit staff to ensure completion of tasks. The ideal candidate can work effectively with end-users, ask questions in order to solicit key requirements and assist in identifying potential solutions to meet our business owner’s needs.
This assignments minimally requires:
- Knowledge of Project Management methodology.
- In-depth ability with and knowledge of Agile Business Analysis techniques.
- Willing to commit to the project timeline of 10-12 months with possible extensions.
- Must work collaboratively with teams of various sizes.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Basic Qualifications (Must-Haves to be successful):
- Strong knowledge of MS Project.
- Outstanding process identification and documentation skills.
- Strong Agile Business Analysis abilities.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Well-developed skills with Visio, MS-Project, Excel, and Word
- Experienced working in a deadline-driven environment, handling and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated track record of successful Business Analyst documentation.
- Excellent conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team on complex tasks.
- Demonstrated competency in documenting solutions for both technical and functional audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with stakeholders on assignments to define and document Business Processes and Requirements.
- Work with technical leads to understand technical specifications.
- Gather key, understandable requirements to meet project activities.
- Monitor, manage and maintain high-level project activities in Project Portfolio Management tool.
- Provide training or other support services to the team as needed to assist them in effectively performing their duties e.g., requirements collection, design session facilitation, testing, etc.
- Communicate with appropriate parties on project needs, progress, issues, risks, and outcomes.
Desired Proactive Behaviors:
- Display energy and initiative in solving problems.
- Follow all possible avenues to get the job done.
- Adaptable – undertake a variety of tasks willingly.
- Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required.
- Work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles.
- Quality – demonstrate appropriate quality and thoroughness in the work.
- Ability to present various options for decision making when faced with multiple options.
- Integrity – act with personal integrity.
- Have a positive can-do approach to work.
- Demonstrate a commitment and promote the behaviors aligned with the values of the client (excellence, respect, commitment to students and diverse communities and making higher education available to all) as well as the values that Technology Services (TS) has adopted to increase its effectiveness.
Education and Qualifications:
- 2 – 6 years of experience as a Project Manager.
- 3 – 4 years of experience as a Business Analyst.
- 1 – 2 years of experience with Microsoft Project.
The anticipated duration of this engagement is 12 months, with possible extensions. The consultants should be prepared to start by the middle of August and will be required to work full-time, on-site.