DESCRIPTION: EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER –
This position is responsible for the development of embedded software for variable speed drive products within our Building Efficiency business.
- Functioning as a team member in coding, testing, debugging and modifying embedded drive software to ensure conformance to design specifications and the Software Development Processes;
- Participating in the development of software requirements specifications, design documents, and software functional specifications;
- Supporting a philosophy of cooperation within the software team;
- Participating in software design and code reviews/inspections;
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of project schedules and budgets;
- Provide support for process improvement initiatives with team;
- Documenting and archiving software program releases in accordance with the Software Development Process.
- This person must have exceptionally good software design and programming skills in C/C++.
- Must have a working knowledge of real-time design and embedded operating systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with the proven ability to interact with other engineering disciplines are a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering or closely related engineering discipline with at least 3 years of software engineering experience.
- Experience developing software for Digital Signal Processors (DSP) and applying associated DSP techniques to support motor control applications preferred.
- A background in LabVIEW and/or MATLAB / Simulink is desired, but not necessary.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.