The Work Program Modernization Data Warehouse will act as the foundation for multi-facetted reporting supporting strategic, data driven decision making specific to work programs.
The candidate will be responsible for assisting in ETL design, development, testing, maintenance, metadata, and implementation of data warehouse initiatives. Understand user requirements, and implement solutions that ensure requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables. Develop ETL mapping specifications for loading information into the data warehouse and for ensuring reliability of information loaded. Seek continuous improvement in performance & tuning of data warehouse and ensure security of data. Works with other IT technical teams and Business users to understand requirements, and recommend & implement solutions. Closely supervised with some latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires up to three years of experience or equivalent education.
Ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Moderate experience in data warehousing process design, development, performance & tuning using the Informatica data warehousing tool suite
- Developing skills in the architecture of data warehouse and data integration strategies and solutions
- Knowledge in data warehouse best practice standards
- Knowledge in relational data base technologies; e.g. Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
- Moderate skills working with relational and dimensional data models
- Moderate skills working with slowly changing dimensions
- Strong data management and data analysis using SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of meetings with customers and technical staff
- Knowledge and skills in the project development life cycle process (i.e., planning, analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, support)
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in requirements gathering
- Effective interpersonal relations skills, ability to effectively collaborate with others and work as part of a team
- Skills in navigating a large organization in order to accomplish results
- Ability to initiate and follow through on complex projects of both short and long term duration
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, assume responsibility for job development and training, researching and resolving questions and problems, requesting supervisor input and keeping supervisor informed
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, MS Visio, and MS Outlook