Embedded Software Engineer II Contract
1. Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Computer Science from a four year college.
2. Typical courses required in web technologies, operating systems, structured programming languages and efficient, productive coding techniques. Further training preferred in networking, database design, data structures and mathematical modeling.
3. Requires 3+ years programming experience, preferably in embedded programming.
4. Must have experience in writing solid well-formed code, and have well developed interpersonal, organization and communication skills.
6. A working knowledge of the Linux Operating system and skill to create programs to run in a Linux environment.
7. Ability to design databases, primarily SQLite databases, and the code to connect databases to other applications.
8. One year experience in Google Go preferred.
9. Experience preferred with networking, Yocto Linux for embedded systems, C language, Git version control system and automation tools such as Ansible.
• Researches, designs, and develops computer software systems for refrigeration control in conjunction with hardware product development. These control products are part of refrigeration packages that generate up to $100,000,000 per year in sales revenue.
• Uses scientific analyses and mathematical models to design organized and theoretically rigorous software.
• Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Conducts inter-departmental design review meetings, maintain project documentation and helps develop and adhere to design schedules.
• Participates in extensive system hardware, firmware, embedded applications testing as part of a team.
• Documents software and the related development processes.
• Designs computer software systems to support engineering by providing tools to automate development processes and procedures. Develops testing procedures and documentation to support manufacturing.
• Works under the direction of the Engineered Control Solutions Group Lead Technologist, while working with Industrial Refrigeration Product Management and Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
• Travels to acquire training and visit customers, suppliers, test facilities and other operations.
• Adheres to the Company’s Code of Conduct.