- Provide advanced Business Objects universe design and report development expertise, as well as create data visualization products.
- An advanced skill set in Business Objects universe design and report development is required. This individual will follow standards to design, develop, test and implement reports and documentation.
- The selected contractor is required to show proof of experience in designing and implementing Business Objects universes and reports.
- Additionally, qualified candidates must have Xcelsius and/or SAP Dashboards 4.x experience. Preference will be given to those that also have Tableau 8/9 experience.
The individual in this position will:
- Work with enterprise wide business and IT senior management to understand reporting and data analysis needs. Work closely with Business Analyst and customers in the gathering of requirements for reports and dashboards.
- Have extensive experience working with WebI Business Objects tool.
- Be principally responsible for designing Business Objects universe layer for business intelligence solutions. Optimize the performance of Business Objects applications.
- Have expert level knowledge of Business Objects universe configuration (parameter settings, etc.) and universe design aspects (loops, contexts, aliases, cardinality, etc.) and row/group level universe security.
- Work interactively with both technical and non-technical staff to build Business Objects universe layer that adheres to underlying data model and effectively delivers data to end users.
- Have extensive experience working within a Business Intelligence environment and knowledge of data warehouse terms and constructs (e.g. facts, dimensions, SCD types, star schema, etc.).
- Act as Business Objects WEBI subject matter expert for fellow technologists as well as end users.
- Understand logical and physical data modeling and methods for optimizing the Business Objects universe against the physical model.
- Have 3+ years creating data visualization products, and understand fundamentals of visual design.
- At least 2+ years using Xcelsius/SAP Dashboards creating interactive dashboards.
- Familiarity with integrating Query as a Web Service (QaaWS) and BI Web Services (BIWS) to create connected-data dashboards.
- Typically have 3 to 5 years of experience with enterprise level database management systems, business intelligence tools and systems.